Òrìṣà ordination or consecration is the process by which individuals are consecrated as Babalȧwo or Ìyánífá (for Ifá). Only ordained people can perform various religious rites and ceremonies. The process and ceremonies of ordination require rigorous training and it is not for everyone. At Ifá University, we offer a course of study that includes:
- Full training in Ifá Divination, Ẹbọ Rírú (Performance of Ritual), and Professional Ethics;
- Life Long Learning; and,
- Membership of Òrìṣàworld Association.
Included in the Three-Year Òrìṣà Training, Consecration and Certification Program
- Sixteen Cowries Divination Training
- Five Òrìṣà Fundamentals Courses
- Four Yorùbá Language Courses
- Two Applied Òrìṣà Courses
- Full Cost of Your Ordination as a Babalórìṣà or Ìyálórìṣà in Nigeria
- The Total Cost of One Summer Trips to Nigeria is included in Your Enrollment Fees
- Course Start Date: Every Quarter (October, January, March or June)
- 3.00 hours of live online classes per week
- Length of Course: Three Years
- Total Cost $12,000 includes the cost of consecration, one New York-Lagos round-trip ticket, the total cost of accommodation and sustenance in Nigeria, and the cost of your education and training.
- At start of program, fees for years 1 and 2 is $8000. This can be paid in installments.
- At start of year three, the fees for the third year is $4000. This can be paid in installments.
- At Ifá University, we distinguish between initiation and consecration. Only those who have successfully completed the three-year program of studies will receive certification as a Babalórìṣa or Ìyálórìṣà. If you are interested only in an initiation, please check out our Òrìṣà Initiation option.
- eMaterials for Learning: All books and study materials are available in electronic format (at no additional cost) to registered learners.
- Online Course Training Cancellation, Transfer & Refund Policy: Generally, online training course orders are not eligible for a refund, cancellation or transfer to another training course. We may approve a transfer request to take the course at a later date. Requests must be sent via email to [email protected]
Ifá University Terms and Conditions