Òrìṣà Fundamentals 102 extends your understanding of the essentials of Òriṣà theology and practice, building on the foundation of Òrìṣà Fundamentals 101. In this course, participants learn about 6 specific Òriṣà and how they fit in with Òriṣà belief and theology. The classes incorporate teachings and examples from Odù Ifá to enhance our knowledge of these Òrìṣà. We will also compare Traditional Òrìṣà practice with Òrìṣà practices in the diaspora: La Regla De Ocha, Candomblé, etc. We will explore the Òrìṣà along the following dimensions:
- Character/Nature of the Òrìṣà
- Comparison of Denominational Worship Rituals
- Roles of Òrìṣà in people’s lives (practical religious implications)
- eMaterials for Learning: All books and study materials are available in electronic format (at no additional cost) through our online Learning Management System.
This is an intermediate level course. It is suitable for practicing devotees, professors, scholars, and those who already have a basic understanding of Òrìṣà culture – but need to augment their knowledge and practice to understand the fundamental similarities and differences between the denominations of Òrìṣà Religion.
- Online Course Training Cancellation, Transfer & Refund Policy: Generally, online training course orders are not eligible for a refund, cancellation or transfer to another training course. We may approve a transfer request to take the course at a later date. Requests must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Length of Course: 5 weeks
- Course Availability: Twice per Year (i.e., January and June. Click Here for the Ifá Univesity Calender.)
- Next Class Start Date: Sunday, January 27, 2019, at 3:30 pm EST